Open Heaven For Teens 30 October 2021 – A Reasonable Delay
Click HERE for Previous Open Heaven Devotional for Teens
TOPIC: A Reasonable Delay [Open Heaven for Teens 30 October 2021]
MEMORISE: The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9
READ: 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17
- For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
- For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
- Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Jeremiah 27-28, 2 Timothy 4:1-22
We are in the end time and false teachers are springing up from every nook and cranny of the world with teachings that contradict the Bible especially on the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Many true believers wonder why Jesus has not returned. So it was when I gave my life to Christ; in fact, some Christians stopped pursuing academic and intellectual achievements saying they needed to win souls as Jesus would soon return. Its been over 40 years since I gave my life to Jesus and He has not returned. Don’t be fooled, He already promised that He would return, He won’t fail concerning His promises.
The delay in Jesus return is for some reasons:
- To allow for more people to leave darkness and come into the marvellous light through salvation.
- To allow those who are in the light work harder in order to get more crowns and stars as their reward for faithful stewardship.
Don’t be caught unawares. Jesus is coming back soon!
Are you prepared for the second coming of Christ?
HYMN: I’m Pressing On The Upward Way
- I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining every day;
Still praying as I onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground”.
Lord, lift me up and let me stand,
By faith on heaven’s table-land;
Where love and joy and light abound,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.
- My heart has no desire to stay,
Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where these abound,
My constant aim is higher ground.
- Beyond the mist I fain would rise,
To rest beneath unclouded skies,
Above earth’s turmoil peace is found
By those who dwell on higher ground.
- I long to scale the utmost height,
Though rough the way, and hard the fight,
My song while climbing shall resound
Lord lead me on to higher ground.
- Lord lead me up the mountain side,
I dare not climb without my Guide;
And heaven gained, I’ll gaze around,
With grateful heart from higher ground.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.